The lawyer uk. Do you need a real estate or landlord,tenant lawyer in South Carolina?, South Carolina Bar

The South Carolina Bar Lawyer Referral Service assists people throughout the state of South Carolina with real estate and landlord/tenant legal matters.

Real estate issues vary a lot and you want to be sure that the lawyer you hire is experienced in the type of real estate matter you have. For example, an attorney who deals with the buying and selling of real estate can help you with deed transfers and title issues, but if your real estate matter involves something else, like a boundary dispute, easement or zoning issue, it's desirable for the lawyer you hire to have this type of specific experience. Find a real estate lawyer.

Real estate attorneys referred to you by the South Carolina Bar are screened for experience in a variety of real estate matters including the following:

* Buying and selling real estate

* Boundary disputes and overhanging trees

* Mechanics' liens, quiet title actions, and other title issues

Lawyer information

* Most other types of issues relating to real estate in the State of South Carolina

The Lawyer Referral Service is a public service of the South Carolina Bar offered by telephone and online. The telephone service operates from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. To reach the telephone service, both in state and out of state, call (800) 868-2284. In Richland and Lexington counties, call 799-7100. The online service is available 24/7.

The services offers a referral to a person by the area or location needed and by the type of law.

Even if you are not sure whether your situation requires a lawyer, in many cases it is useful--and can be less expensive in the end--to obtain the advice of counsel early in your case. The lawyers signed up with our service are all in good standing with the South Carolina Bar. They must also maintain malpractice insurance coverage, which is not a requirement for lawyers licensed to practice in the state of South Carolina. The lawyers also agree to offer a 30-minute consultation for no more than $50. Thereafter, the fees will be the lawyers' normal fees.

What does a lawyer do

When you contact the service by telephone or access it online, you are expected to provide the potential client's name and address. You will also be asked how you found out about the Lawyer Referral Service.

If you contact the service by telephone, you will be asked to provide a brief explanation of your possible legal situation. You will also be asked the county in which you are seeking a lawyer. If you access the program online, you will select the county and the type of law, then type a brief explanation of your legal situation.

Whether you use our service by telephone or online, you will be given the name and number of one attorney to contact who fits your situation. If the lawyer is unable to assist you, please either revisit the online referral page or call the Lawyer Referral Service at (800) 868-2284 and explain the situation to the operator, and he or she will try to assist you with another referral.

Once you receive a referral, you will be expected to contact the lawyer by telephone to make an appointment.

Lawyer directory

If you are indigent and unable to pay for a lawyer's service, you may want to contact LATIS at 1-888-346-5592 to see if you qualify for free or reduced-fee legal services. LATIS will screen you to see if you qualify. If you do not, they may refer you back to the Lawyer Referral Service. To find out more about LATIS, you can visit
Overall rating page: 4.5 / 5 left 614 people.

Posted by at 11:42PM

Tags: the lawyer uk, what does a lawyer mean, lawyer career info, lawyer career description, what is the employment outlook for a lawyer, the job of a lawyer description, the profession of lawyer, lawyer information, lawyer directory, what does a lawyer do


There are no comments for this post "Do you need a real estate or landlord,tenant lawyer in South Carolina?, South Carolina Bar". Be the first to comment...

Add Comment